Thursday, May 10, 2007

Long time no blog!

So yeah its been busy lately. I'm in my ninth month
of pregnancy so everyones afraid to leave me alone. That kinda makes it difficult to get computer time, especially since i'm not working anymore. However I have got a bunch of knitting done. I finished my socks as you can see they are awesome. Normally the picture would be of the sock on my feet but I prefer not to take pictures of my swollen feet. LOL it sucks.

Yeah these kind of socks they go really fast since they don't really have any particular pattern being worked over the whole sock you can focus on the construction of the sock . I would say a good refresher sock if you haven't made socks in a while or a good type of sock to learn how to make. I got the pattern from the book: The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. It has basic patterns for hats, socks, mittens, sweaters, etc. For all different sizes from babies to men's size large. Great book to have if you like to personalize your patterns. Like these socks are slightly winged in some places like the top only has an inch of ribbing instead of like four inches of ribbing because I wanted to try a different style top.

Anyways I got some fluff off ebay, it was a total steal. 8 dollars a pound for pin drafted Merino wool mixed with viscose for strength. Its natural colored so I can play around with the color. Its definitely going to be socks, eventually. I just have to decide what color I want to make it i'm planning on dyeing it with Kool-aid so it will probably be pretty vibrant. My friend and I are going to have a dye day at some point in the near future, but we have yet to set a date. I'm really looking forward to spinning it haven't decided whether i'm going to spin it on my wheel or on a drop spindle. The drop spindle takes longer but its easier to spin really fine because it is so slow.

Oh yeah and I joined another KAL its the Anime Kraft-along. I used to be into a lot of anime stuff with my sister and since I actually have the time to pick up all my old hobbies I figured I could get back into it. I'll have to post the picture of the Nekomimi doll I made that I was going to post on the KAL. It's pretty cool I might make one again just for my sister probably of one of the sailor scouts. Yeah as you may have noticed i don't just knit and spin but sew too. Its all a product of my extremely bored youth. (I didn't learn how to drive until I was almost 19 years old) I didn't really do normal teenager stuff partially because i wasn't interested and partially because my parents made it so difficult to go anywhere that it just wasn't worth it. So as a result I have more hobbies than most people that I know or have ever met. However I don't doubt that there are many other people who have been in the same boat as me and as a result also have many hobbies like I do. My sister who is just under me is a good example of someone in the same boat as I was with too many hobbies to count.

Anyways, I am going to try to post more often. Especially considering I haven't posted in like a month or two. I definitely will have more time now and will have even more once the baby watch is over. (soon Please!!)LoL post later.

No comments: