Friday, June 13, 2008

Busy, Busy

So yeah as my title implies I have been busy lately. That and my daughter hates it when I am on my computer and not paying attention to her. So when I do post its late at night but most of the time thats not always possible. I never realized how much of your day as a mom you spend sitting around and playing because your child won't let you do much else. At least with first children I think thats true.

My crafty peep just started her blog and that is what has inspired me to try to keep up on mine. She thinks that if I can blog regularly then I might be able to sell more stuff on my Etsy page. Not that there is much on there anyways.

On a side note though I have been thinking about retiring my grubby t-shirts. My husband refuses to let me wear them out in public (which is probably for the best). So instead of throwing them away I am going to turn them into a quilt. I'm going to batik/tie-dye them so they are colorful. I found this lady's blog: http://fabricdyeing101.blogspot.com/2006/11/how-to-make-bati-like-fabrics-with.html
I am not 100% sure that it will work on t-shirt material but i'm going to give it a try. I am thinking of making it a rag quilt but it might just end up as a 5x5 block quilt. I'll try to post pictures as soon as I get started (my camera has finally stopped acting up).

No comments: