Sunday, July 6, 2008

Canning with my peep

So as the title suggests I have been doing a lot of canning lately, with my peep. I would say peeps but there is only one. The canning season started back in April, at least it did out here in sunny California. We started with Cherries and have progressed to Apricots and early peaches. 






This is my peep's trusty truck Eleanor. She claims that it is her sons truck but i've only seen him drive it once. I think she might have a truck crush or truck envy. Anyways we use Eleanor to transport our boxes of Apricots, Peaches, or plums because she has lots of space in the back for our rather large boxes of fruit. As shown in the next picture.








We canned about five or six boxes of Apricots like the ones in the picture.  We used the Dry pack method with the oven, so that we could pack the jars pretty tightly.  Here are some pictures of the jars. Aren't they absolutely gorgeous!

 We were totally ecstatic that they turned out so well. My peep sent me these pictures like a week ago and I procrastinated posting but now seeing these up just makes me want to can more. Which means coming up soon you'll get to see my plum jam that I have been working on lately. I'll write again soon. TTFN

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

WooHoo! You're a Troll Peep LOL! Her link sent me here -- I'm so jealous that you two were canning together -- How Fun!!!