Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Almost Done!!

I am almost done! I started working on Bunny Hill's Postcard Cuties for Spring Back in January. 7 months later and 25 appliqued blocks later. I am 10 more blocks away from completion of the main part of the quilt. I of course have the borders, corners, and piecing left; but I feel like I am almost done. Here is a picture of her finished quilt:

 I love her quilt but you wouldn't believe how tiny it is when its all finished (we're talking smaller than a baby blanket). So in mine I might not cut the squares down as small, or I might put sashing in-between the rows. Here is a picture of mine that I took: 

As you can see I have two rows that are still blank. I am hoping that I can get the applique pieces for those rows cut out, starched, and glued on before I have to leave for vacation on Friday. We are going to Park City, Utah and I am anticipating a fair amount of sitting around which means a fair amount of sewing time.

On another note I have a new link on my page for Alpaca Direct. I used to work for the owner and he told me that anyone who puts a link to his page on their blog can get 20 % off of their purchases. So, see it, love it, use it as much as you like. He has great deals on yarn and other crafty type stuff, as well as some non-crafty but comfy stuff.

Stay tuned for some crafty adventures (and non-crafty adventures) in Park City, Utah. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow melissa, your blocks look amazing all laid out like that!!!
great job.
:applauds you fervently
now get to work so you can bring the rest with you!!!
brigette

Melissa Plank said...

How beautiful! Such intricate work, I am excite to see the finished quilt!